Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You Are Not Looking Live

The possibility of rain and therefore rain delays existed last night in Cleveland for Game 4 of the ALCS, and I, a dude who operates a sports/weather blog, was all set to do my first ever live blog of the event. I was sitting on my couch with my laptop on my, uh, lap and eating popcorn left over from Sunday's Patriots at Cowboys game. However, before Paul Byrd could finish his warm-up pitches, my wife and two kids quickly reminded me that I sort of have a life and the words "live blogging" did not, and could not ever exists in my universe.

Speaking of blogs, my favorite blogger, sports media and business columnist Neil Best of Newsday in New York, has gotten into the sports weather spirit today with a post about the Rockies and Broncos possibly playing on the same night (Oct. 29) in Denver. The Broncos have a game that Monday night, and the Rockies are scheduled to play Game 5 of the World Series, if it goes that far, at Coors Field. Best is looking forward to the possibility of an October snow storm in the Mile High City that night, making for a "highly entertaining TV evening," he said.

No comments: