Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is It Open Or Not?

This is hardly news or anything other than what you might expect, but the retractable roof at Chase Field will be closed for tonight's National League Championship Series opener between the homestanding Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies. Why? Because it's going to be hot as the third layer of hell outside the ballpark, with high temperatures there expected to hit around 97. Temperatures will be a very cozy 72, I assume, inside Chase. Temps hovering in the high 90s are forecasted for game two, so don't expect to see any daylight in this series until the two teams depart for Coors Field. I can’t wait to see what kind of weather we get for those games in Denver.



UPDATE: According to a story today in the Pueblo (Colo.)Chieftain, the Chase Field roof will be closed for tonight's NLCS opener, as I wrote above. However, I just now discovered that the Chase Field Web site states that the roof will be open tonight and also for Game 2. So who do we believe? I guess we'll just have to tune in tonight and see for ourselves. The Chase Field site does list a phone number – it's not toll free, by the way – that gives out roof information. I haven't had time to call it, but I may at some point today. If you want to call, the number is 602-379-7663.

No comments: