Thursday, October 25, 2007

Paradise Beyond Cumulonimbus Clouds

I've been thinking about this all wrong. For the past several weeks I've been complaining (not on this blog) about the absence of "football weather." You know what I mean, those crisp autumn temperatures and overcast skies that ordinarily accompany October football games.

It's been unseasonably warm thus far across most of the country.

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to still wear my short-sleeve polo shirts and khaki shorts about town. (I am a man about town, ya know!)

However, I still like some clouds and cool weather to go along with my football, whether at a game or watching on TV. Heck, I hope to have some hot chocolate at a game before the season ends.

But Gregg Easterbrook, the fella who, among other things, pens Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN.com, reminded me via his column this week that I'm missing something very important.

Sure, it's dry and about 75 degrees at nearly all NFL games, but those same conditions are allowing NFL cheerleaders to don skimpy warm-weather gear further into the season.

Wow, why didn't I think of that before? Thanks, Gregg. Thanks for clueing me in. I hope that, from now on, I'll do a better job of keeping abreast of what's truly important.

No comments: