Tuesday, October 16, 2007

When It Comes To Soccer, I'm All Wet

I can't pretend to know much about world soccer, but apparently Scotland is surprising the game's enthusiasts with an unlikely run toward the 2008 European Championships. The Scots have won eight of 10 qualifier matches and play Georgia – the country, not the university of – soon with hopes of advancing to next year's champion round. (I hope I'm getting all this right. If not, I'll here about it from all my international readers.) The photo (REUTERS/David Moir - GEORGIA) above shows the Scotland side training in the pouring rain Tuesday at Boris Paichadze National Stadium in advance of Wednesday's match in Tbilisi.

UPDATE: A week or so ago, I celebrated my 100th post to this blog. (There was a wild party of one with cake, streamers and imaginary strippers in my basement. You should have been there.) Today, I celebrate this post as my 100th of 2007. It's party time and the lap dances are on me! Get it?

No comments: