Monday, October 22, 2007

Slippery When Wet

A friend of mine pointed out to me the other day that April was my busiest month this year with 41 posts. I'm well on my way to breaking that mark with my renewed enthusiasm for this blogging thing.

I've had plenty to write about this month, and some stuff I've just fabricated for the sake of posting something to keep my readers in the Czech Republic interested.

Lately, though, I've been wondering what I will write about when the cold-rainy baseball postseason wraps up and the NFL and college football seasons are complete and we're left with nothing but indoor sports. It's keeping me awake at night. (Not really. I have to blame on my 2-year old son.)

A couple of nights ago, I stumbled upon this story about an NBA preseason game between the Celtics and Nets in Worcester, Mass., in which the contest had to be canceled at halftime because of condensation on the DCU Center floor caused by the unseasonably warm temperatures outside and the ice, for the city's AHL Worcester Sharks, sitting underneath the hardwood.

If only this had happened in February, which I'm sure will be a slow sports weather month. Then, I wouldn't have to resort of writing about dogs getting lost in the Iditarod.

Actually, I think the Iditarod is in March, but I'm not sure because my fact checker is busy studying for her first grade spelling test.

(Photo: AP Photo/Charles Krupa)

No comments: