Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hold That Line

Just as forecasted, the heavens opened up tonight in Blacksburg and dropped huge amounts of rain on Lane Stadium. And in the last two minutes, Virginia Tech dropped its chance to upset No. 2 Boston College. The Eagles scored two late touchdowns for a 14-10 victory. Wow, Matt Ryan sure looked like a Heisman Trophy candidate, not for most of the game, but certainly in the end with his line holding, I mean tackling, I mean diving for the knees, uhhhhhhh, I mean blocking the Tech defense as the quarterback tossed the game-winning pass with just 11 seconds left in the game. Oh, well. At least we got a chance to see Erin Andrews wet and wearing a baseball cap.

By the way, I'm so sick of Boston's sports teams. I think I may concentrate only on hockey for a while since the Bruins suck.

No comments: