Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You Already Know This...


Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know I haven't updated The Rainout Blog since last Friday and I totally missed the biggest sports rain out story of the year so far. Why didn't I write anything over the past several days about the Auto Club 500 rain delay and postponement, you ask? (I'm sure you've been scratching your head for days over this one.) The reason is because A) I was away from my computer, by choice, over the weekend, B) I've been busy, so suck it, and C) maybe I've been a bit lazy.

Anyway, you already know all the details that the Cup race was delayed over and over Sunday and ultimately postponed until Monday. So, there's no need for me to rehash the details.

Besides, you already know about the Nationwide race being postponed until Monday and that it was run right after the Auto Club 500. You already know that practices and qualifying sessions were delayed and postponed. You already know that water was seeping from the track. (Did you see the cool footage of the guys making saw cuts into the track?) You already know that standing water on the track caused a crash in the first 25 laps that involved Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Denny Hamlin. You already know that those guys fussed and complained about the track not being ready. You already know that Jeff Gordon remained classy through it all, as usual. (What's up with that guy?) You already know that Tony Stewart began building an ark during the second rain delay Sunday. Ok, maybe you didn’t know that, but now you do.

No comments: