Monday, January 28, 2008

Motherwell WaterLog; Snowed Out Trains in China

I never knew soccer games got called because of rain, but it has been raining like hell in Scotland and a couple of Premier League games were called off there this weekend. The Iverness at Motherwell match – I love Motherwell – was called, as was the Gretna at Hibernian game. The Motherwell match was postponed because of "a waterlogged pitch," according to the team's Web site. Groundskeepers began working on the pitch at 3 a.m., but made little progress as the rains did not let up.

That's about all I have for now. I know it's not much. Hey I did hear at rained at the NFL Experience in Phoenix Sunday. That NFL Experience photo reminds me of this pic, but with far less importance and immediacy. Oh this is a great news photo that's not sports related, but combines weather with another one of my interests, trains.

Wow, it's going to be boring here in sports weather land while we're waiting for baseball to get started.

No comments: