Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rain And Chill Invade British Open First Round

I’m really too busy today with my real job to make any significant contribution to this blog. That’s a shame, too, because the British Open began this morning at Carnoustie, Scotland, and if you follow golf, you how nasty the weather can be at the course, particularly the wind. That said, I will, however, blog deliver to you (via this link) an article from AP writer Doug Ferguson about just how difficult Carnoustie can be when the wind and rain settle in. I can tell you this weather-related item from today’s British Open first round: Tiger Woods sank a 90-foot putt for birdie during this morning’s damp, chilly conditions and finished his round with a 2-under, 69. Play began with a steady drizzle and wind with temperatures in the low 50s. Sounds like a great day!

In the photo above: Australia's Stuart Appleby blows rain off his putter on the 1st green during first round play at the 2007 British Open Golf Championship tournament in Carnoustie, Scotland, July 19, 2007. REUTERS/David Moir (BRITAIN)

At The Bronx: I’m barely listening to the Yankees / Blue Jays game, but I think I heard the Bombers broadcast crew of John Sterling and Suzyn “Goodness Gracious” Waldman mention the possibility of rain there at Yankees Stadium. However, the teams are still playing, so I’m not sure what’s going on. At the time I’m writing this, the Yanks lead 2-0. Watch your back BoSox!

No comments: