Monday, July 16, 2007

Blame It On The Rain

I know next to nothing about track, so it would be a horrible injustice if I were try to relay this story to you about American runner Tyson Gay's failure to break some world record this weekend through a downpour at IAAF Grand Prix. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Plus, I'm lazy. There, I said it. And since I'm ignorant and lazy, I'll give you this brief account of the event from Reuters. Enjoy! I'll be back later.

SHEFFIELD (Reuters) - American Tyson Gay won the men's 100 meters in Sunday's IAAF Grand Prix at the Don Valley Stadium in 10.13 seconds, persistent rain ruining any hopes of beating the world record of 9.77.

In-form Gay asserted in the final stages to race home a couple of meters clear of Britain's Marlon Devonish, 0.10 behind in second.

Gay is the fastest man in the world this year after posting 9.84 at the U.S. championships last month.

No comments: