Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Out From The Rain


The Rainout Blog sure picked a heck of a time to go on hiatus. It was about three-and-a-half weeks ago when I made my last post, and during that time frame there were numerous sporting events affected by weather, particularly rain. The most prominent was the rain-shortened Indianapolis 500. Some great images came from the event, but perhaps the best was those pictures of, not the winner, but of the winner’s wife. Wow, Ashley Judd and a rain-soaked sundress go very well together. There were a couple of NASCAR events affected by the wet stuff in the last 30 days, and most recently, so was qualifying for the Champ Car's Grand Prix of Portland. We also had some baseball games, both in the Majors and in the NCAA super regionals, showered upon. Plus, there was rain at the French Open. Oh, and you would never fogive me if I forgot to mention the Macedonia soccer championship. Also while we were gone, The NFL Network, or “The 212” as we DirecTV subscribers have dubbed it, ran a pretty cool hour-long show featuring the Top 10 Weather Games. I only saw portions of the show, but what I saw was great.

So, where has the Rainout Blog producer-guy been? I’ve been around, here and there – mostly there. There have been many rumors that I can neither confirm nor deny. However, I can confirm there is no truth to the rumor that I took Rhianna up on an invitation to stand under her umbrella – ella, ella, ay, ay ay… (Sorry. That’s just dumb!)

No comments: